Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
DoubleDave’s Friends, Families, and Fans:
We hope you all are faring well during these unique circumstances. Like you, we’re learning each day as the situation develops. We are closely watching the CDC, WHO, as well as state and local governments to ensure we are following the most up to date guidelines.
Our foremost concern is taking care of our team members, their families, and by extension, our communities. Team members who show signs of illness are required to stay home and take the appropriate time off to recover. In addition, our corporate team members will be working remotely during this time to do our part to support social distancing.
In early March we increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing throughout our restaurants to hourly. This includes all high-touch areas such as entry/exit points, counters, pin pads, tables, self-serve areas, and every other surface we can imagine. We continue to reinforce our already strict sanitation, handwashing, and health and wellness policies for our employees. The following procedures will also be put in place immediately, and will remain in place until it is safe to resume traditional operations:
- We have stepped up our strict sanitation procedures. Prep surfaces, doors, hot bags, counters, and more are sanitized hourly.
- Employees must be healthy to work. Temperature and symptom checks will occur at clock-in and clock-out.
- Employees must wash their hands upon entering the business, and frequently between tasks. Drivers must wash hands before and after each delivery.
- Employees must wear disposable gloves when handling all ready-to-eat foods and change gloves frequently between tasks.
- All employees are required to wear non-medical grade masks while in-store or on deliveries.
- When possible, employees are to maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals. When not possible, face coverings, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation are rigorously enforced.
- Our dining rooms are closed at this time. We are working tirelessly to adapt our systems, employees, and physical spaces to fully re-open. Unfortunately, getting prepared to welcome you back safely and comfortably means quite a bit of thoughtful preparation on our part. It also means it will be an unspecified amount of time before we're able to re-open our dining rooms. We'll let you know when the situation changes.
- Based on CDC, WHO, and local health organization suggestions, we’ll be discontinuing all self-serve items during this difficult time. Quick options and variety packages will be available as buffet substitutes, along with several pre-made salad options and 20oz./2L beverages.
- All condiments, shakers, dressings, and sauces will be distributed in single-serve containers.
- All plates, utensils, and cups will be replaced with disposal versions.
- No need to wait in-store for carry-out orders. Just ask us to text you when your order is ready. Then you can waltz in, grab it, and waltz out. No sitting, touching, or mingling required.
- Curbside pick-up is available at many locations. Click here for more info.
Our delivery procedures are proven and in place. Here are a few things we’ve added during this time:
- Contactless Delivery - If you prefer a no contact delivery, simply add "Contactless Delivery" to your cart when you order online or ask us when placing a phone order. Pay via credit card (and add any relevant gratuities) when you place your order, let us know where to leave your pizza, and sit back and relax. We’ll text, knock, or ring the bell, then wait at a safe distance to ensure you’ve procured your pies. Click here for more info!
- Hours for Drivers: If you are an hourly employee who has found yourself out of work for the time being, you may be able to help us help other isolated community members by applying to be a temporary or part-time delivery driver at www.DoubleDaves.com.
Remember, The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have no reports of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. Still, we remain vigilant in working with our restaurants to ensure efficacy and safety remain the top priority.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you're out as well. Wash your hands with soap and water frequently, and please stay home if you are sick. And no matter what else is happening, always take a little time to stop and Enjoy the Pizzaworks.